History of scar tissue on lungs. Could inflammation from bronchitis be reflected in chest x-ray?

I have a history of scar tissue on my lungs that goes back to the 1950s, decribed fiberous shadow of inreased density in the left lower lobe about 2 !/2 to 3 in size and diffuse streaky fiberous infiltration in the intire right lower lobe. In 2004 I went through a series of Chest x-rays, CT scans, pert scan and biopsy which basically confirmed the original report of the 1950s. Since then I ve had chest x-rays which indicate the everythng is stable. However, a lilttle over a month ago, I developed a respitory infection diagnosed as bronchitis and was put on antibiotics . I had a chest x-ray at that time which was then compared to one that I had done last year and the radiologist report said that there was progression of multiple lung lesions. I am going to have a CT scan with contrast. Question, Could the inflamation etc from the bronchitis have been reflected in the new chest x-ray and would tha CT scan resolve the issue. It is hard to believe that after so many years that this tissue would become progressive. I know that the CT scan is the proper follow up and know the drill of Pet SCan , Biopsy that probably will be again suggested.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012