History of lung cancer. Sour milk odor coming from body. Taking diet of meat, and dairy. What causes the sour milk odour?

My father is a lung cancer survivor. 6 years cancer-free now! He is 88 years old, vitals fine. Problem: the past two evenings, I noticed a sour milk odor coming from him. It was strong enough to gag a maggot. I haven t noticed this awful odor before. However, his sebacous glands seem to be over-active, as his pillow cases usually smell rank. His diet is meat, potatoes, butter, dairy, processed sandwich meat, etc. My father tends to over-eat. (emotional eater). I am wondering what causes the sour milk odor. Thank you. -- Susan
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012