History of diabetes. Had low BP. Given sugar water. Sugar increased. Reason?

hello, my grandmother has a history of suffering from diabetes , but her sugar levels usually do not go over 10 but today about 2hours ago she wasnt feeling well , we thought that she might be suffering from low pressure she asked if she could have sugar water,we gave her about 125ml of that(just about1 teaspoon of sugar) now we checked everything her pressure is a little better 130/70 but her sugar has increased to 17.7.What do we immediately do?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012