History of bronchitis. Chest heaviness and pain. Normal chest x-ray. Taking Foracort and Duolin. Suggestion?

Dear Doctor,
I'm 62 yrs suffering from chronic bronchitis since child hood. Recently I find heavyness and very light persistent pain in chest that stays 24x7. Chest x-ray reveals normal, an MD doc gave a medicine that relieves pain but comes back when stopped. I'm on steroid puff Foracort 400 and have to take at least once a day but many times twice a day along with Duolin. I'm slightly underweight, with 120 t0 140/80 BP, HB 13-14, Had prostrate problem but under control with medicine.
The heavyness & pain very slight is cause of my worry. And also the fact that earlier after taking the puff the spasm would vanish but it does not. I'm located at Delhi.
Could you suggest please action that I must take. The spasm almost continues. I take puffs ONLY when it be comes unbearabele thinking that I've to increase the dose continuously and may soon land up into very high doses.
Iam a retd. engineer but still keeping buisy with consultancy job.
Shall be grateful for a sincere advice.
Best Regards,
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013