History of ankle fusion. Have arthritis and slippage of heel. Have pain. Concerned about getting a RSD

I am a 70 year old who had a fx ankle 4 years ago. Have had 7 surgeries including 2 ankle fusions. Developed severe arthritis in the subtalar joint and slippage of the heel laterally. MD did a subtalar fusion and heel osteotomy 4 mo ago. Started having pain 6 weeks. ago when I began WB, Md took out 2 screws 3weeks ago and drilled holes in the heel to promote circulation. I have a non union of the heel. Subtalar is well fused. Pain burns, throbs and aches. Cannot tolerate the sheets rubbing over it, wearing a shoe w/a back to it or wearing a tight sock. My MD says pain will go away when heel heals. I am concerned I am getting a RSD.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013