Hip pain above the greater trochanter up to the iliac creast. On medrol birth control. MRI found strain in external rotators, labral tear. Causes for hip pain?

I have been having hip pain in both hips on the lateral aspect above the greater trochanter up to the iliac crest for about 4 months and it is not going away. It hurts when running and I get very stiff afterwards and have to limp. I read somewhere where long term use of birth control pills can cause this. Is that a possible side effect? I have tried a Medrol dose pack, US, stretching , and strengthening. No changes. My insurance finally approved an MRI of one of my hips but only found the external rotators to hava a strain/inflammation and a possible labral tear but not sure if that is the cause of the pain. As I doubt I would have torn both labrums.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012