Hip bone injury, pain on sitting, standing up. Taking prednisone. History of osteoporosis. Treatment?

I fell on my right hip bone . I was unable to get up on my own. Now the hip is very painful when I sit down, or when I get up. Have trouble rolling over in bed and getting out of bed. I can stand on on my leg as long as I do not put my weight on it. I am taking strong pain medication which gives me a little comfort. I have osteoporosis and also take 5mg prednisone because of a kidney transplant 3 1/2 years ago. Went to the doctor and had X-rays but showed nothing broken. How long will this pain last?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012