High pulse rate, today I felt like I was going to faint

High pulse rate????....Today I felt like I was going to faint, had short of breath, had the shakes.....? and my heart was pounding soo fast. I took my blood pressure and it was 123/91...w/ a pulse rate of 124.....whats was wrong with me...I m scared to go to work tomorrow, I dont want to have another episode.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Sounds like a classic panic/anxiety attack. Although honestly a pulse rate of 124 is not too high. To put in perspective, when a 24 year old does a cardio work out, his/her pulse rate should be at about 155 bpm. So 124 is not enough to cause extreme duress on the heart. It does sound like an anxiety/panic attack, so you might want to consult your Doctor about your options, especially if you have any more episodes.