High pulse rate, SVT, palpitations, anxiety. Surgery the only option?

I am 30 years old, 4 years ago I was told that I had palpations and I changed doctors and was sent to my third cardiologist and I was told that I have SVT, I have been to the ER 5 times this year for heart rate 200- 250 and I was also told that I need to have surgery to fix the problem. My concern is that I have anxiety and I feel that because my anxiety level gets so high at just the thought of surgery that I will not be able to go through with the surgery is there any other way to fix the problem.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012