High levels of catarrh, blows nose until it get clear. What treatment should i take?

I have been waking every morning for the last 6 months with high levels of clear catarrh , i blow my nose until i feel it clearing before i shower, so i shower then once i have finished i have a fresh batch of clear catarrh which i again blow from my nose for a good 15-20 minutes before the same happens when i brush my teeth and only stops after i have been up for at least 2hrs. I will be arranging an appointment with my GP about this as it is starting to affect my routines, so if you could give me some direction or self diagnosis I may not have to contact my GP? Many Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
Nephrologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query

It looks like you have rhinitis, which is inflammation of the mucous membranes of the nose. Since it has been 6 months it is most likely to be allergic in nature.
I advice to get an absolute eosinophil count done, if the counts are raised you should be taking an anti allergic like levocetrizine for a prolonged period of time. Please visit your GP for a prescription

I hope I was of help