High blood sugar, worried about heart fail. Feeling very weak. Drinking lot of water. Advice required?

Hi. My mother was told she has type 2 diabetes . She only weighs 100 lbs and can t keep weight on. Her blood sugars are never below 200 and lately in the high 400. I feel like they have diagnosed her with the wrong thing and I am worried sick that her heart is going to fail because of these high blood sugar levels. Her brother was a type one diabetes. Do you think she has something else. Theynare retired and I feel like she doesnt go in to the doctor as often as she should, like now to er because of it costing so much. What do you think. She is very weak lately and her doctor told her tonight to just keep drinking water. What are your thoughts?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012