High blood sugar after eating food, followed by a severe drop in sugar levels. Cure?

I was having a late breakfast this morning (slept in!). I had tea and waffles with maple syrup . As i was eating, I started to get very tired. I think i actually fell asleep at the table. I got up and went to lay down on the bed. I decided to check my blood sugar because of feeling strangely. It was 193. I fell asleep for a few hours. When I awoke I checked my blood sugar again an it was 60. I haven t been this bad or so sleepy before.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013