High blood pressure, mass on armpit, weight gained. Treatment?

I felt flushed and took my BP . It is 177/105 pulse 73. I am sitting at my computer researching a ropelike mass in my armpit and recent discovery of high BP issues. Is it ok to spike like that? I m 51 and have gained weight due to inactivity after car accident 2 yrs ago and spine surgery a year ago. I thought the flushing was due to perimenopause, but found out BP is high. I have ultrasound on armpit on Monday and return to doctor in 4 wks about high BP. Should I go back to the doctor sooner about my BP?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012