High BP of 172/112. On medicines. When should I go to emergency?

Hi, I have high blood pressure , just started on Cozaar about a month ago, I also take Celexa and Efexer. The last several days my BP has been above my normal high. I have been monitoring closely, but am feeling anxious about the reading. About 5 minutes ago I got a 172/112 reading. Last week, my PCP (nurse practitioner is my PCP) advised me to go to the ER, I felt like I was being too alarming and that it wasn t serious enough. If I am reading 172/112 at this time, when do I know I am at that moment that I have to go to the ER? Or is there some other way I can handle without going to ER?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013