Herniated disc between L4 and L5 causing severe spinal stenosis and noticed blood in urine. Worrisome

Hi, I recently was diagnosed with a severly herniated disc between L4 and L5 causing severe spinal stenosis and much pain, numbness and weekness in both legs. I am scheduled for surgery no the 23 of this month. However my doctor warned me that I should go to the emergency room immediately if I lose bladder function. This has not ocurren however all day I have felt vaginal pain and a strange smell of my urine and just a minute ago I saw a considerable amount of blood in my urine. Should I be running to the ER?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013