Henoch Purpura, treatment stopped. What is life expectancy?

My boyfriend has had Henoch Purpura (HSP). He has had it since he was 11, and he is now 18. He doesnt go for treatment anymore because it was to rough for him. He told me that his Docter expects him only to live until he is 21. So my questions are: 1.) What is the ussual life expectancy for someone with HSP? 2.) If he did do treatment how much of a diffence would that make? 3.) when someone with HSP passes away, is it sudden?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response

1.Life expectancy for one who had HSP purpura is exellent!

2. Treatment is only for the acute phase, only the persons who have renal problems need longer treatments. He can check the urine with a urine test.

3. yes , it is.