Heaviness in the chest and upper abdomen. Persisting cough. Need treatment?

for about two weeks now Ive had a heaviness feeling in the lower chest / upper abdomen on my left side. i am a collegiate runner and I think its important that I find out what is going on. Its probably good to note that Ive had a cold during the same time frame. I am feeling better now for the most part (the cold, not my chest) but I cough up stuff every once in a while, as if a chest cold is breaking up. the heaviness isnt getting better though
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Thanks for writing your query to us.

Symptoms of heaviness in chest & abdomen needs to be evaluated. There is a possibility that you might have developed a lung infection. Kindly get a Xray of chest (PA view) to know the exact cause for the chest heaviness. In the mean while avoid any form of exertion, take rest, have balanced diet & steam inhalation.

I hope i have answered your query.Wish you good health.