Heaviness in ear, discomfort, tried steam rooms and acupuncture. Help

In May of 2011, I had an allergic reaction/cold which closed all of my sinuses down. I spent most of 2011 on antibiotics and steroids until I was able to have surgery in August of 2012. Unfortunately, I still have a couple of issues: My R ear feels very heavy and I stongly suspect the mucuous from my cold in 2011 never came out and is packed in a solid state in my ear for one, and possibly in my nasolacrimal duct as well. I am constantly very uncomfortable and have a baseline of anxiety and fatigue as my body is always trying to expell this hardened mucous. I have tried steam rooms, acupuncture , I am on allergy shots, homeopathic remedies and nothing works. Can you offer advice or help?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012