Heat boil on right cheek, filled with pus, blood, discharging and getting smaller. Treatment?

Hello doctor, I have developed a heat boil on my face,right cheek for about 8 days.It is in the size of Dime.It was even more bigger initially,but some pus got oozed out and the size became smaller.Now it is in the same size from last 3 days.It is not as harder as it used to be in the intial phases.I think,there is no more pus inside,because I have seen some blood coming out.Please suggest.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi there,

You have a case of a draining boil. It is halfway to healing however you need an antibiotic even before the draining process took place. You may start this medication asap. Cephalexin or cloxacillin will take care of the business but since it is not an over-the-counter medicine, you will need a prescription to buy this medicine. Avail for this prescription by consulting a doctor. Feel free to follw up.

Thank you.

Dr. Eric