Heart transplantation suggested. Muscles are weak and declining. Artificial heart effective?

Hi! My sister has a heart condition. They suggested that she have heart transplant cause there wasnt anything else they could do and her muscles are weak and declining. She is only 32 years old. She has drank and smoked a lot in the past. Our dad died of scerosis. I am scared for her. She is trying to stop smoking and the drinking has since stopped as far as I know. Do you think an artificial heart will be effective for her?

Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013