Heart racing after drinking coffee ? Is what I am feeling is it normal or ?

after drinking half of my coffee this morning, before class, my heart started racing ~120-140 bpm. This continued for about an hour. I also very anxious and hands jittery. and had to go to the bathroom frequently. I ve had caffeine/coffee before, and this never happened before. Would it be because the coffee i bought could have been too strong? and maybe because I didn t have breakfast? Is what I am experiencing normal??
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
I was reading your advice. What about tea? I drink around a half a cup a day during a work week. Maybe 20 minutes after, my heart starts racing (as it is now). I did a rough count and it is about 140 at the moment. I take medication for spasms because I am a paraplegic. Could that have anything to do with it? I don't, however, recall this happening if I drink coffee :(. Although, you are right about coffee being a diuretic. I can pee in the morning not that much, have coffee, and about an hour or so my bladder is really full and clear :)
It is normal. Coffee is a diuretic so it will cause you to pee often. If you haven't drank it in a while and then go back to drinking it, it can cause anxiety. It can also be stronger than you're used to drinking. If you are going to drink it, drink a small amount- maybe just a cup. Definitely avoid redbull, energy drinks, and further caffeine like soda throughout the day.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.