Heart defect of 16 months old boy

my son has a congenial heart defect. he is now 16 months old. well tonight while eating he passed out. or at least that's what it seemed like to me. first i shook him gently then i lightly tapped his cheeks and that woke him. then just a few minutes later i took him to change his diaper and he passed out or fell asleep again. i have woken him every hour just to be sure and when he stay up everything seems noraml now. do you think the i am over reacting or could this be a sign that his heart is giving him trouble? also if anyone knows what the normal heart and pule rate is for a child of 16 months i would really appreciate it. I had it in paper work and it is missing now.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009
I would take your child to the ER.... hes 16 months old and it could be nothing... but it could be something.... better to be safe then sorry with your lil guy