Heart beating irregularly, feeling pain and pressure while beating. Any problem?

Hi I am 21 years old. Recently, my heart has been randomly acting weird (which I assume is it beating irregularly) and sometimes it makes me want to take deep breaths or what not. On one occassion it hurt for about 2 minutes, it felt like pressure every time it beat. That was about two weeks ago. Then today for about 2 minutes I got this pain that came from my heart and into my left shoulder . I felt the pain when me heart beat. It stopped after 2 minutes. I have no prior health issues of any kind. Is this an issue?
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013