Heart beating harder,anemia 2 weeks ago,beat more harder after smoking

My heart is beating at a normall rate of 72 but it is beating harder. I am worried if this could be serious. I just got out of the hospital from anemia 2 weeks ago because my monthly would not stop. They gave me hormones and blood transfusions in the hospital. I have to take my synthroid , iron, multi vitamin , and birthcontrol daily now. Do I need to worry. It seems to mostly beat harder when I have smoked a cigarette, but it did not do this before.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012