Heard popping sound while splitting. Hurt to sit, stand and walk. What treatment should I take?

I did my splits one day about a month ago but when i did i heard a popping noise and it really hurt to sit, stand, walk, and stretch and under my butt and inner thigh was really in pain...but its been a month and i can run and do my jumps but it still hurts to do my split and sometimes even my cartwheel. Can you please tell me if i tore something or if i will be able to do my splits again or even jump over the hurdles before Cheerleading And Track starts again.?
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that you had muscle sprain. I would suggest you to
1.sit in a tub filled with gentle warm water
2. Take Brufen tablet for pain relief
3. Avoid any stretching for next 3 weeks
I hope this pain will be ok in that time.