Healing puncture wound on left heel. Knee tightened, swollen. Is it due to limping?

Hi, I have a healing puncture wound on the side of my left heel. I have not been able to walk on my left heel so I have been limping on the front of my left foot , not using the heel. The wound is much better but still sensitive. This happened about two weeks ago. Now however, for the past several days my left knee has tightened up and swollen, and my foot get pins and needles occasionally. It is not painfull but feels like a dull tight/stiff sensation on my knee. My question is weather my limping could have caused the condition in my knee? I am a male of 31 yrs old. Thanx Anon.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I am sorry that your knee is tightened and swollen after you had the puncture wound on your left heel. It probably is the right guess when you say that you might be having this due to limping. I also believe that you should be seeing a physiotherapist to help with the healing process and not stiffen your leg that way. I hope you visit with one so as to start the process towards recovery.

I hope this helps. Take care! Have a lovely day!