Headache, sore throat, severe jaw pain. Unable to chew food. Subsided with painkillers. Cause?

Hello Some two months ago I experienced this strange thing that doctors were not able to tell me what it exactly was. It started as a mild headache , then a mild sore throat and by the next day, the headache got worse anytime I bent over to pick something from the floor. The next thing was a severe pain in the lower jaw as though it emanated from the root of the molars but I had no toothache . It was difficult to chew on any food and almost impossible to chew meat. It was most severe at the right part of the head. Coughing was a nightmare not to talk about blowing my nose . With only pain killers, it subsided after about two weeks....then just lat week (some four days ago). I started feeling the same thing but this time shifted to the left. It s so scary and I don t know what to do. I only need an assurance that it is not any life threatening condition and next thing, I want to know the exact diagnoses, the cause and what I can do to prevent future occurrence. Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013