Headache, pain behind eyes to face. Diagnosed as migraine. Opinion?

I have headaches - I have been diagnosed with migraines and at first I thought the diagnosis was accurate, however, now I have head pain almost daily, the pain starts behind my eye, goes down the side of my face and in to my neck. The migraine meds don't really work anymore and I just believe that a nerve is twisted or something, could that be possible? I just don't feel like this is migraine headaches that I am dealilng with. How do I urge my doctor to do some type of exploratory surger to go in and actually see what's happening in there?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Oct 2013