Headache in temple area, bruising. Stress suspected. Suggestions?

On Thursday I had a very painful short headache in my right temple area. It only lasted about a minute or less, but it was extremely painful and the rest of the day it was more tender and sensitive to the touch. Then last night I had the same kind of headache in the left temple, but it was much shorter but there were three instead on just one long painful headache. And when I woke up this morning, there is slight bruising on both of my temples. I have a doctor appointment scheduled to see a doctor at my school for a followup, but I'm worried that I might need to go to the ER instead for other testing. When I saw my doctor on Monday, regarding the thursday headache, she concluded that since there weren't any other symptoms, it's probably just stress and to monitor it. I don't know what to do and I'm kind of freaking out.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013