Headache, fatigue, throbbing in temple. Normal MRI and BP. Prescribed Amitriptyline

I am 40 years of age and 4 months ago began to experience a constant throbbing in just my left temple - which coincided with regular headaches and severe fatigue . This began at quite a stressful time personally for me - but I have always managed stress very well in my life ( I have quite a demanding job). I have took some time off work - and the headaches have eased - but the throbbing and pulsing in my left temple is now constant and can be seen visibly pounding under my skin and is preventing me sleeping as i can actually hear it when i lie down.I have had an MRI which was normal and have been prescribed Amitriptyline and Beta Blockers by my neurologist - which don t seem to be helping. Basically I don t feel stressed or depressed it is just the constant pounding in my temple and lack of sleep it causes that are affecting me. My blood pressure seems normal and has been checked many times. I have also made some changes to my diet (in case stress has been a factor) and am taking high doses of Vitamin C and B Complex. My problem is simply the non stop pounding in my left temple - I am a light sleeper and the sensation is like torture when I try to sleep, and I am becoming increasingly exhausted. Please help.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013