Head injury, swelling, bleeding. Have shockwaves from neck to arms. Serious?

hi,im female 21 years of age. a few months ago i hit my head very hard it was swollen, i only saw dry blood (small though) on the knock...i never went for a scan but i did see a docter and he gave me voltaren and some anti boitics. now im getting shockwaves from my neck through to my arms could it be something serious docter?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Hi. Shock like sensation from neck to arm should definitely be not ignored. It may mean that your nerves are getting compressed in and around the bones of your neck. Head injury that you had may be responsible for your problem. I would suggest you to see a neurophysician or a neurosurgeon soon and sort out the problem. Avoid excessive neck movements, head jerks and weight lifting over head till then. Good luck.