Head injury, persistent lump on forehead in-spite of reduction in swelling. Cure for lump?

I hit my head 3 months ago and there was an initial lump, or knot, that followed that was pretty big. The swelling went down, but now there is a tinier lump that does not hurt, but has yet to go down after all this time. It is about the size of a dime and protrudes on my forehead . I am wondering what it was and will it ever go away. It has been a very long time since I initially hit my head. Please help
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that the tiny lump on your forehead is not suggestive of any serious problem.

Most likely, it is a small hematoma (blood collection), that has got hardened.

You could show it to a surgeon and get examined. In most cases, it can be left behind, and it would slowly reduce in size and disappear.

However, if it becomes painful or gets infected, it may require surgical treatment.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist