Head hit hard on concrete, felt dizzy. Bruises on face, headaches, nausea. Relief from tylenol?

I fainted on Friday night (it is now Sunday Morning) and hit my head pretty hard on concrete. I was at a friends house after I had 2 beers at the bar, I had just cracked a third beer, and we went outside to have a smoke . After one cigarette I felt dizzy and put my beer down... the next thing I remember is him carrying me into the house. He had me lay on the couch and I remember being really confused about what happened. My head felt fine at that point, but I felt really weird... confused, tired, and scared at how he was reacting. Once I felt like I could sit up I did, but moments later I lost my dinner. After only 2 and a half beers, it seems like I shouldn t have become sick from drinking. I got a ride home and help into my house and my fiance looked after me all night (I slept for maybe an hour or 2), but I still felt no pain just a little confusion over what had happened. The next morning I finally looked in the mirror... I have bruises on my jaw and near my eye and my ear was cut up pretty bad. Saturday afternoon I got a headache and off and on nausea , so I just stayed home and tried to rest. I woke up at 2am this morning and I haven t been able to go back to sleep; my head hurts and the nausea has returned. I m debating if I should go to the ER, or just take some tylenol and see if it improves.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

I hope you have got better by now, but if you haven't, please go to the ER as soon as possible. Loss of consciousness after head injury, followed by head ache, nausea and vomiting indicate a possibilty of bleed inside the brain and resultant increase in intracranial tension. Hence you should attend the ER and get a brain imaging done as soon as possible.

Best wishes.