Having white noise in ear. No dizziness, pain. Advised to keep popping the ear. Suggestions?

I woke up 12 days ago with an extremely loud noise in my right ear. I was at the ENT s office when they opened. Dr said I had blisters on my ear drum and was surprised I had no pain. Put me on 10 days of amoxil 875 mg twice a day. I went back two days ago and he said infection was gone but I still can t hear and have a white sound in my ear. I can ear a little. I asked if he could put a tube in my ear and he said it would cause hearing loss . This is nerve wracking. No dizziness or pain just that loud whit static type sound. He told me to keep popping my ear as that should cause the fluid to drain like divers do when they come out of the water. I m getting concerned I may never hear right again.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013