Having tooth ache, white bumps above the tooth. Difficulty in eating. Had done a root canal in the past

I ve been experiencing a toothache for a few weeks now.. I ve allowed it to go on for so long because it hasn t really been that bad. Well just this weekend I notice two small white bumps above the tooth. Now the area is so sore that I can not eat. I m unable to visit with the dentist because it s a holiday weekend. My question is has ANYONE else ever had this problem? Or maybe someone could tell me what this could possibly be? Also I had a root canal done on this tooth a few years back.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012