1. Anemia exaggerates practically all the vague complaints like joint pains
, chest pain, backache, weakness, anorexia, digestive disturbances, dizziness,giddiness, edema, palpitations, thus ask for Hb% WBC and peripheral smear before starting further treatment.
2. check with liver/spleen for any organomegaly
3. thin blood means thrombocytopenia
, check his blood for platelet count
and bleeding time
[BT], and ask him to stop taking food rich in salicylates which affect blood profile like: turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, curry powder,licorice, peppermint, dill, raisins, dry fruits, cherries, cranberries,grapes, strawberries, oranges,chewing gum, honey,vinegar,wine,cider.
4. main reason for low blood count is iron deficiency
[ hopefully for which therapy was started after excluding other causes of low blood count]
5. because doctors told that they can do nothing for ulcers which means that disease is in advance stage [possible], leading to difficulty in swallowing, loss of weight, change in voice,fever, moreover presence of throat ulcer must be accompanied by esophagus ulcer. [The doctor will be able to diagnose the degree of infection thus advising on the best method to use to cure the disease], till then avoid oily and spicy food, saline water throat gargles, consume more of fluids like soups and shakes instead of solid food to make swallowing easier, eat balanced diet with plenty of vitamins and minerals
to boost the immune system in order to avoid infections, avoid smoking and alcohol.
6. he can fly, but check with the height of altitude [although chambers are pressurized], because high altitude results in sudden episodes of breathlessness in people with low blood count due to decreased oxygen carrying capacity of reduced blood.