Having symptoms of flu. Excessive saliva getting accumulated. Solution for the problem?

hi, I think I have got a flu due to which my nose is running down and my head is bit heavy as well. Also, my throat is sore. A while ago, I took a neurofen tablet of 400 mg but it doesn t seem to be helping a lot as I am trying to sleep. As I lay down straight on my bed to fall asleep, excessive amount of saliva in my mouth tends to accumulate which I have to swallow constantly, due to which I can t breathe properly while i am laid on my back. I have to run to toilet every now and then to spit out the accumulated saliva. it s very uncomfortable. Could you please tell me, what can I do to get rid of this unpleasant situation?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012