Having small-size masses of hives on my arms and legs. Developing into eczema. What is the cause?

I have been having small-size masses of hives show up on my arms and legs. One arm, then the other, and the ones on my ankles and legs have started to develop into eczema. I also have occasional ankle swelling, but it goes away. This has been going on for about 2 years intermittently, but the eczema on my lower legs is new in the last maybe 4 months. Haven't changed soaps or anything, same foods as always though I've tried elimination stuff - they really do seem to be random. Could it be stress?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013