Having sight problem in eyes.

Hello, I am using spects for last 11 years. My number in both eyes was around -4.5 SPH -0.5 CYH in Jan 2007. I went for eye checkup last weekend and my number has increased to RE - -5.5 SPH -1.5 CYL AXIS 10 Degree VA 615 LE - -4.5 SPH -1.5 CYL AXIS 150 Degree VA 615 I am 24 year old and working in software company. My questions are - 1) As soon as I wear spects with new number, visibility gets blurred and I get headache. What may be the reason for that. 2) Is it suitable time for LASIK. Regards, Anurag
Asked On : Sat, 1 Aug 2009
If your new numbers are correct and you are using the prescribed power lens, there is still a chance that it takes few days for your eyes to adapt to the new correction. It causes a mild blurring and headache as mentioned by you. There is no cause of concern if this happens for a few days. For your second question, after 18 years it is rare that the power increases but you said that the power in the eyes increased since one year which is not very common and I suggest you see an ophthalmologist immediately to rule out other causes.You may undergo LASIK surgery if you are found to be fit by preliminary tests conducted by the ophthalmologist. However, LASIK is not advised if you have change of power within the past year
Ophthalmologist Dr. N. K. Misra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal.
the correct time for your lasik is when you have no progression for at least a year oe more.You have to make sure that your power is correct and you are not overcorrected