Having severe pain in the shoulder and neck. Had a double mastectomy and lymph node removal. Can whiplash injuries and soft tissue injuries cause chronic pain?

1 1/2 yrs after a double mastectomy and lymph node removal on the right side, I returned to work and the vehicle I was driving last its front wheel I was brought to a sudden stop! Can whiplash injuries and soft tissue injuries cause trauma and chronic pain that was not present prior to the car accident? I have severe crippling pain that feels like a steel rod which moves over my shoulders and up one side of my neck, It is very painful to even move my eyes. This morning my husband had to lift me out of my bed as the pain was so crippling, I couldnt move my neck!
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013