Having severe pain in neck. Diagnosed with pharyngitis. Looking for second opinion

I have neck pain from past many years. Most of my doctor diagnosed it as Phyrangitis but my pain is very serious lasting for a few second only but it is excessive and I am not sure where it aches. Every year and mostly in winter, I will have pain for two to three weeks. After this pain vanished. Advise me what I have to do. Please note during pain, the pain is so severe that I can t explain. Something like a sharp needle penetrated into some parts of my neck. But I can t figure out the exact location except it is in right side of my neck. Pain became sevre when I work continiously in the computer or watching Tv
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013