Having regular periods. Taken regestrone to postpone. Will it have side effect?

Hi, I am getting married on the 7th of March 13. my periods have been quite regular and no problem till now. In the month of Feb i got it on 8th Feb so i am expecting it next month around 8th March. i went to the doc she said it is better to prepon the cycle then post pon it. I am ok with it but she has asked me to take medicine on 23rd 3 times a day for 5 days(regestrone*5mg) and stop it after 5 days and start pause*500mg on day you start having your period and stop it from 5th day. now i don t know when can i have my period its 28th Feb or 3rd March? Does these medicine have side effects? Thanks I am worried as what is best for me.....
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum. You are having regular periods, so both the ways pre pone or post pone are equal in your case. When you take regestrone for 5 days up to 28th february, there is chance that you can get period between 29th to 3rd of march.
To regulate the flow is used, but the problem is it can be on or after 3rd of march, due to individual variation it could be of any length of time. If it crosses beyond 5th of march you have to take pills for postponement. Of course it may not be true with every one.
Any how don't worry every thing will be fine. Thanks for calling.