Having problems in lumbar area, feeling of pins and needles in left hand, hands swelling. What could this be?

I have been experiencing some problems lately with my left arm , I get a funny sensation where it feels like my arm has gone dead also getting pins and needles in my hand from time to time and also my hands are swelling , and also the symptoms seem to feel even worse when I go out for a few drinks of alcohol can u help have been to my own doctor several times and all they say is that its my neck as I have alot of problems with my lower back in the lumber area
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Ur problems of pins n needle sensation in left arm probably suggest cervical spondylitis or cervical disc bulge causing spinal cord compression. These symptoms getting increase when u go out because u give more strain to spine n noy because of alcohol.u mentioned swelling of hand.did u ever had trauma or infection? Do u have diabetes?