Having peripheral neuropathy. Prescribed to take Gabantein Forte small dose. Use of tablet? Side effects?

For peripheral neuropathy I have been asked to start with Gabantein Forte starting with small dose and after a week to go upto 3 tablets per symptoms are numbness, at times burning in the peripheral parts of both feet for last 8 does this tablet help and are there any side effects...I read that they are also prescribed for Parkinsons, hence am a bit concerned...I am 55 years old...65 kgs...6 feet , a hypertensive for long on minimal ..mydiabetes....cholesterol on borderline....otherwise in good health...kindly advise
my email is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013