Having painful lymph node on ear, getting bigger and hurt while moving. Worrisome

A few weeks ago my lumph nodes were up and painful....i just presumed i was coming down with something but it went within 2/3 days then exactly 4 weeks later i get a small lump under my ear, i have now had it for 5 days and it has got bigger, more discomfort than pain but hurts if i try to move it. It has started to protrude out a little bit too now. I m 42yrs old.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Hi i think it is lymphangitis that is inflammation of lymph can be due to infection of the ear and surrounding area.first use a broad spectrum antibiotic twice daily and a anti inflammatory agent twice daily can cure the condition .application of t bact ointment twice daily after saline compressors can cure the condition.if still no response consult a ent surgeon to rule out a middle ear infection