Having pain in wrist, hurts to touch. What are the complications?

For the passed few days i noticed pain in my wrist and especially last night and today it started hurting a lot out of no where. Even as i am typing right now it hurts to even press some letters. I can move my hand around no problems it just seems when my wrist is at certain angles it hurts more. It is a long weekend and cant go to my doctor or get x rays the only option would be going to a hospital and waiting and i dont think i could have hurt my wrist that seriously.
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012
without knowing exactly where the pain is in your wrist it's difficult to give you any sort of diagnosis. the most common type of problem like this would be a tendonitis which often affects the thumb side of the wrist. this can be helped with antinflammatory medication and sometimes a soft splint. physiotherapy with tendon gliding excercise and local anesthetic and steroid injections can also be of benefit.