Having pain in lower chest area and feel some weight it that area. How to overcome this ?

Hello Doctor , I am 50-year-old female and my problem is I am having pain on the left side just below my rib cage. I am having this problem for 4-5 years frequently. I have consulted 3 physicians in this period of time and they all said it is just a muscle pain. I feel some kind of weight in that area. Please advise me what to do. Should I take an x-ray. Right now I am having this problem and is taking paracetamol on a doctor s advise, which indeed lessen my pain, but weight feeling is still there.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Jun 2011