Having pain in left side of waist. Cramps and pain. Urinating little. Took stool softeners, colon cleanser and castor oil to ease up. Any advice?

I am having pain in my left side. It is where my waist band on my jeans would be. I had this a week ago also. It is as if I have a blockage there. It cramps and hurts really bad. It feels like someone took a baseball bat and hit it really hard. It doesn t hurt constantly. It comes and goes. Cramping bad before I go to the bathroom. Also notices I feel like I have to pee and pee only a little when I do go. I took something to make me go the first time I hurt like this. I took 2 stool softeners today, a colon cleanser and drank some castor oil and took a laxative. It has eased up some. Any advice?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012
From your description, it seems to be a renal pain. It could be related to a urinary tract infection or calculus. A routine urine examination and an ultrasound scan will help in exact diagnosis. You may consult your physician for the same.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal