Having pain after a knee injury

I fell on my left knee hard at work and it hit a metal floor. If I touch it in a certain spot with only a pound or two of pressure it is extremely painful, and this is 3 years after the original accident. I can walk all day or ride a bike for miles, it only hurts when something taps it or I put my weight on it, but very annoying. I am 41, 5 8. There is nothing visually wrong, nor was there ever any color change, like a bruise. I can feel something that feels almost like a rubber band that will move a little.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Aug 2011
hi thanks for query.pain may be due to osteo arthritis,chronic osteo myelitis or meniscus injury.go for x ray and MRI scan to find out the cause ok.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for query,
it is possible that now Osteoartheritis changes took place at the joint giving you this problem.
O.a. changes take place early on accident parts.
Go for X ray and find out the cause.
ok and bye.