Having nasal pain, coughing up yellow phlegm, pain while swallowing. Allergic to pcn. Safe to take zpack?

Last week I had severe nasal pain at the bridge of my nose, it hurt to slightly touch it...about 4 days after the pain started , I started to become congested and coughing up yellow phleghm. My doc gave me a zpack that I started today however, after taking the first dose, I noticed that I m having pain with swallowing but mostly on the right side. It feels like it is bruised. If I take a deep breath it hurts too. I am also sneezing a lot and have a cough, nothing productive. I no longer have tonsils, I m allergic to pcn. And I m on aspirin 325mg, plavix 75mg and atenolol 100mg due to a left internal fatigue artery dissection. My question is...is the zpack the right rx for me? And and how long is the throat pain normal to have?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012